Sunday, January 8, 2012

No Bake Creamy Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse


My blog has turned 1 as of the new year!  And what a year it has been.  In fact, it's hard to comprehend all the cooking I have done - all the recipes that I've posted....and all those that I haven't.  There's no denying all the fun along the way, either.

This next year will definitely bring about change, not only in my personal life but on this blog as well.  There are plans for layout changes, seasonal updates, recipe archives, printing options, Facebook, Twitter {yes, the site I still don't completely understand}, and whatever else my mind can think up when daydreaming about my little blog.  But, most importantly, the content will probably change.  There's a baby on the way.  That means quicker, easier, healthier adult meals - and probably some homemade baby food recipes along the way.  I've come to the realization that I just can't post as often as I used to either.  My life has changed from what it was a year ago - and for the better.  So expect greatness, but in smaller batches.

For today, though, let's celebrate 1 year together with this fabulously rich, creamy chocolate cheesecake mousse.  I actually made this for mother-in-law's birthday right before the holidays and it was a hit.  It's no bake {a huge plus!} and incredibly easy.  I topped the concoction with raspberries and toasted slivered almonds and it definitely worked.  But I was thinking that a plethora of other sweet combinations could probably adorn this mousse - think Oreos, Butterfingers, Snickers, or Peanut Butter cups with homemade whipped cream.  Or go fruity with strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries.  Pineapple fan?  Add it.  How about pistachios or hazelnuts?  Better yet - make a batch of the mousse, leave it plain, let people scoop their own and set up a bar of toppings {kind of like an ice cream bar}.  Totally fun for a party!  The combinations are really endless - and that's what makes this such a great dessert.


Happy 1yr, my little Blog!

Creamy Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
Recipe Inspired by:  Smithfield.com
Photos by A Toast To Taste

**  I doubled the recipe to feed 10 people.

Ingredients Needed:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold whipping cream
3/4 cup fresh organic raspberries {optional}
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds {optional}

Cream together cream cheese and melted chocolate chips.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla.  Beat until well blended.  Pour in cream and beat just until peaks form and hold their shape when beaters are lifted {took me about 4-5 minutes with my handheld mixer}.  Spoon into one large serving dish or into individual serving dishes.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  When ready to serve, top with fruit and nuts - or whatever topping you choose.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blogiversary! That mousse looks mouthwateringly delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you came by and linked up your mousse. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow congratulation happy blogiverasary. I like cheesecake and this one you prepared is quite easy to follow thanks and have more recipe to come...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sounds delicious. I'm new to yourblog and have taken some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love hearing from you!