Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Weekend

I'm consciously deciding NOT to think about this stuff that's going on outside my windows today...



But rather, I'm choosing to think about this:



Much, much better.

We celebrated my husband's birthday this weekend. It was more like a food fest - a delicious food fest of homemade pasta and sauces. I've been stuffed since Saturday. And now I have a million and a half recipes to share with all of you.

Let's start with the Bolognese. I used this recipe and followed it to a T. I'm not usually one to follow recipes too closely. I find it cumbersome and restricting, but I decided that maybe it's time. And it was worth it. This sauce is full of flavor - and a crowd pleaser at that.



I made this a day ahead of time and I feel it really helped to develop the flavors. Threw it together with some homemade linguine and it was outstanding. Chunky, beefy, tomatoey, juicy greatness. I will definitely be putting this one on the make again list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love hearing from you!