Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spaghetti with Fresh Herbs and Pan Roasted Tomatoes



I said we were detoxing this week, remember?
I also said in a previous post that I would never buy boxed pasta again, remember?



Well, I've broken both these promises, in a matter of one day. Yowza!
That's life!

This was one of those days where I kept repeating to myself, "La Dolce Vita, La Dolce Vita...live it." It doesn't take long for life to catch up to it's pre-vacation pace, I tell ya. I made an effort to actually work while sitting at my desk today (I have a home office) instead of the kitchen table or the coffee table in the living room. I sat down for breakfast this morning. But, I rushed through lunch - never sat down, rushed through dinner - never sat down, gave the dog about 5 minutes of my "undivided" attention (poor thing), and hung up on my husband because he wasn't getting to the point quickly enough this afternoon on the phone - I don't have time for long pauses and questions you already know the answer to:) Sorry, love. Really. I'll be more patient next time. La Dolce Vita.

So, it's baby steps we take. This is much harder than I could have imagined. But drowning oneself in a carb-laden meal will make it all feel better, right? I think so.



This dish is so easy. Since Spain, I've been a little obsessed with anchovies. They're everywhere over there (see picture above) - usually eaten raw in a tapa but also used as salad toppers and flavor adders. I usually have a tube of anchovy paste hanging out in my refrigerator and wanted to incorporate it here with this meal. And I'm glad I did. The anchovy just adds this unique flavor - almost like the japanese umami factor. So tasty and delicious. If you don't like anchovy, don't use it. The dish will still be fabulous.

Enjoy this one!

Spaghetti with Fresh Herbs and Pan Roasted Tomatoes
Recipe by A Toast to Taste
Photos by A Toast to Taste


Ingredients Needed:
1 lb Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti (regular is fine, too)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pint grape tomatoes
5 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tsp anchovy paste
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus additional for serving
2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped, plus additional for serving
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper



Bring a large pot of water to boil, add sea salt, and cook pasta according to directions. If using fresh pasta, cook for 2-3 minutes and drain.

Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and roast until they start to pop (about 5 minutes). Turn heat to low and add garlic. Cook for one minute. Add fresh herbs and anchovy paste. Stir to incorporate paste and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the butter, let melt, stir and remove from the heat. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add to skillet and toss with tomato mixture



Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Top with grated parmessan for added flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love hearing from you!