Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



I try and eat old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast a couple times a week. Underneath the cover of the canister is Quaker's recipe for Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I haven't made these suckers since college and have been meaning to get them back in my diet for the longest time. Cookies without chocolate for once? Yes, please. We've been on chocolate overload here lately. Summer's coming and I'm sure my thighs would appreciate a break.




I went to the grocery store yesterday knowing full well that I needed to get ingredients for Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I was in a rush, filling my cart with the basics....no list in hand...something I don't typically do and now I know why. I forget things. Like raisins for the cookies.

So, I grabbed my trusty bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips out of the pantry and improvised! Wow! I'm secretly thrilled I missed the raisins at the store. These cookies are phenomenal. Soft, chewy, chocolately, and full of oats. Sounds kind of healthy, right? I'll just keep telling myself that each time I grab for one.

Oatmeal Raisin cookies are great and all, but these knocked my socks off! I guess my thighs will just have to wait...



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Original Recipe by Quaker Oats
Adapted by A Toast to Taste
Photos by A Toast to Taste


Ingredients Needed:
1/2 cup plus 6 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups ap flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups Quaker Oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour mixture and mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips; beat until just combined.

With a tablespoon, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love hearing from you!